Tuesday, January 31, 2012

One set of footprints!

While cleaning my wardrobe I found my diary in between the piles of files and books. I opened it. At page No. 73 some lines were written from the book 'Nuggets' ....

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with Lord. Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky. Sometimes there were two sets of foot prints, other times there was only one. This bothered me because I noted that during the low periods of my life when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat, I could see only one set of footprints.

So I said to Lord, "You promised me that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I have noticed that during the most difficult time of my life there has been only one set of footprints in the sand. Why, when I have needed you most have you not been there with me?"

Lord replied, "During your times of sufferings when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

In difficult times does this really happens or it is just a good theory to calm the agitated mind?

1 comment: