Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Holi - Full Masti

In my childhood days, I love to play Holi. At that time, I celebrate Holi to the fullest! The joy of playing with colours and water was immense. I used to buy gulal in vibrant colours and the latest model of pichkari available in the market. I never forget to buy pakka colours for rubbing on my friends face and for mixing in water which is to be filled in pichkari and for throwing on my friends.

A week before the day of colours, my granny started preparing gujiyas, basen papris and bhujiyas. I loved to help her in preparing the gujjiayas. I filled it with sweet mawa and dry fruitsthen concealed the flattened dough with a gentle touch of water. I even prepared small papris. She deep fried them to prepare delicacies.

One day before Holi, water was collected in big vessels and containers as there was water shortage. On the every day, after eating snacks prepared by my granny, I took my small bucket, filled it with water and mixed the pakka colour in it. I went out of the house to find my friends to play Holi with them in the park. I and my friends throw water and colours on each other and have fun. We used to have full MASTI! In the last, when we all were tired. We sat in the park where there is ample of sunshine to dry ourselves. My granny gave delicious sweets and namkeens to each of us. We all enjoy the treat. At that time we used to celebrate Holi in true spirit.

Now a days I stopped playing Holi as these days Holi colours are made of chemicals which are very harmful of skin and hair. Moreover I am too busy to find time to play Holi as most of the time I am doing office work from home even on festivals and other holidays. I always wish to play Holi like I used to play in my childhood days and shout #KhulKeKheloHoli. But this time I have made a decision to bring back the fun and madness of Holi in my life back. I wish to revive all those golden childhood memories related to fun filled Holi festival.

This year, I have decided to take care of my skin and hair with Parachute Advansed and to tell my boss that I will not be able to do work on Holi as I want to celebrate this festival with my family and friends. I will be preparing gujiyas, bhujiyas and papris recalling my granny’s recipes. Although she is no more with us but her memories and recipes are still alive with me and will always with me.


I’m pledging to #KhulKeKheloHoli this year by sharing my Holi memories atBlogAdda in association with Parachute Advansed.

No comments:

Post a Comment