Friday, January 28, 2022

Little actions make a big difference

 


“Madam, Wait! Wait!” A security guard said loudly.

I turned around and saw him almost running towards me. Just a few minutes before I gave him a tip while coming out of the restaurant.

“Madam, by mistake you gave me 500 rupee note.” He said hesitantly.

He must have noticed that I was busy chatting with my mother and without looking at my wallet I took out a note from it and handed 500 rupees to him. Although I was full occupied talking with my mother about some business problem, even then I was sure that I was taking out the correct denomination note for him.

He opened the note, showed it to me and softly said again, “Madam, it is 500 rupee note.”

“Today is my b’day! Please keep it.” I said and pondered that nobody had ever given him Rs. 500 as tip. Strange!

 

At that very moment, I realised why Om Swamiji emphasised so much on giving tips generously to waiters, security guards and other staff members of hotels and restaurants.

 

Pic : In the evening, a kid wished me ‘Happy b’day with this handmade card- a priceless gift! :)

2 comments: