Saturday, March 4, 2023

Conquer Insomnia!


Many years back, I was struggling with insomnia. I could neither sleep at the proper time nor could I experience sound sleep. I made some changes in my lifestyle to overcome this problem. These were as follows :-


1. I stopped taking a nap during the daytime and utilized that time in exercising regularly. Either I did yoga or walking or both. When my body got tired, I could very easily slip into sleep. You can take the help of any Health App to keep a track of your exercise progress.


2. Before sleeping, I started chanting mantras while concentrating on each and every word. Soon my mind would be exhausted and needed rest. You can select any mantra from Sadhana App and can chant it visualizing each letter of the mantra in your mind.


3. I started doing shavasana. While focusing and relaxing each and every part of the body, very quickly I felt drowsy. You can do yoga Nidra in Black Lotus App, it is a really very effective way of relaxing.

All Pics - Pexels


2 comments:

  1. Short and to the point. Thank you Chandrika Ji. I will say that I have tried Black Lotus Yoga Nidra. But it hasn’t been working for me, for some reasons. Will definitely try again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jai Sri Hari, your tips to overcome insomnia like make changes in lifestyle such as exercising regularly, chanting mantras before sleeping, and doing shavasana/yoga Nidra to relax the body and mind are very amazing. And I also agree to you that nowadays people should utilize health and meditation apps to keep track and enhance their practice. Will include mantra chanting in my night routine as well, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete