Friday, October 21, 2016

Useless Formality

"Om Namah Shivaya!" I heard the voice from the other side as I picked up the phone.
"Om Namah Shivaya!" I said.
"I am H.... Are you free to talk to me for two minutes?"
"No, I am not free. I will call you after 15 minutes."
"At that time, I will not be able to take the call as my phone will be out of the coverage area. I just want to talk for 2 minutes. TWO MINUTES ONLY!"
"hmmm..." I thought there might be some emergency.
He started talking about the topic on which he wanted to talk about.
I said,"If you want to talk to me about this topic it will be better if we can talk later on as I am doing important financial transactions. Moreover, this topic will not be covered in two minutes as this is a long story."
"Please talk about this now."
I thought, "What is the need of such a useless formality if he want to talk to me when he is free, want to talk about the topic that has no concern with him and there is no emergency involved. Instead of that he should have said I am free at this time, I will talk about this topic right now and it is of no concern to me where you are free or not."

No comments:

Post a Comment