Monday, October 31, 2016

Powerful touch

"Are you ok?" Mataji, director of Sivananda Kutir, Netala asked me after putting the ash on my forehead at the time of initiation of Sadhana Intensive course.
"No." I said. I was shivering even after wearing jacket and shawl.
"What happened?" She asked.
"Severe dehydration, constipation and now I am shivering like an malaria patient."
"Do you have fever?"
"No."
To confirm my statement she gently touched my neck with the back of her hand. I have read many incidents in which when the master touches his disciple the disciple starts crying without any reason. I was quite sure that now tears will start flowing thorough my eyes.
"After this ceremony you come and meet me, I will give you medicine for that. Tomorrow morning you will feel better."
"I am taking homeopathy medicines. I only need an extra blanket."
She nodded.
I hurried towards my seat where the rest of my batchmates were sitting and waiting for their turn. I sat crossed legs and covered myself completely with shawl. Soon my eyes became moist and tears started coming out of my eyes without any specific reason. I wiped my tears before anybody could notice them.

No comments:

Post a Comment