Sunday, June 16, 2019

My extraordinary father


I was damn scared.

I was counting currency notes from the counting machine. Everything was moving fine. When all of a sudden in a bundle of notes it started taking two notes together and began tearing them. The speed of machine was so fast that before I could realise what was happening and I could switch off the machine, it had already torn 64 notes of 1000 denomination. Some were shredded so badly that I could not recognise which piece was of which note. All I could see in front of me was an amber-red colour ocean of bits. My heart sank.

It was a big, rather very big mistake. My boss, my father was definitely going to scold me heavily for this mistake. Usually he scold me even for making small typing mistakes of full stop and comma. And, now this is BLUNDER! I meekly get up from my seat and went in his room. I narrated the whole incident and waited for being chastised. But  was surprised when he only said, “Collect all the papers carefully and bring them to me.” He forgave me and didn’t scold me.

I did as told. For the next ten days, he pasted and joined the note pieces together just like solving a zigsaw puzzle. He pasted them with such perfection that no one could tell from where that note was torn as not a single joint was visible.

Now, he is no more. But I always wonder why he scolded me so much on pretty things and didn’t scold me for such a big mistake? May be because he was an extraordinary father! :)


Top post on IndiBlogger, the biggest community of Indian Bloggers

2 comments:

  1. I have been exploring for a little for any high-quality articles or weblog posts on this sort of house .
    Exploring in Yahoo I ultimately stumbled upon this website.
    Reading this information So i am glad to convey that I've a very just right uncanny feeling
    I discovered exactly what I needed. I most unquestionably will
    make sure to don?t fail to remember this site and provides it a look on a
    constant basis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know that you like my blog! :) Please keep visiting it again and again. I will love to hear from you again and again. :)

    ReplyDelete