Thursday, December 1, 2022

I Made a Mistake and Om Swamiji corrected me


I made a mistake.

I realized it after reading these paragraphs from the book ‘The Rainmaker- Miracles and Healing Stories of Om Swami’ on p163.

Now, getting back to the Four Seasons story. A waiter attended to us, and Guru Maharaj gave the order explaining to him how he would like his breakfast to be served, placing emphasis on no eggs, etc. He gave very detailed, specific instructions. However, when the food came, he wasn’t happy with it, so he let the person know gently, yet firmly. I couldn’t help but notice the preciseness of his speech. But they still couldn’t get it right. Maharaj Sri remained firm and asked for the chef. He showed the chef what was lacking in the meal. The chef, in return, apologized profusely and offered a free meal. When the bill came, his item was not charged. Guru Maharaj sent the bill back and requested that his meal also be charged.

“It’s very simple, Swamiji,” he said to me. “I’m dining here as a customer. And therefore, I expect a certain quality of service. And therefore, I expect a certain quality of service. Anything to the contrary is just not acceptable.”

A couple of days back I bought a half kg packet of semolina of a reputed company. On opening it, I found it infested. I removed the infested portion and utilized in making halwa for stray dogs. When I told the shopkeeper that semolina was infested, he deducted Rs.30/- from my total bill. In other words, he gave that infested semolina packet free of cost to me.

The book was an eye opener for me. I realized my mistake that I did charity from that infested packet and did not paid the cost of that packet. Swamiji paid the bill of a free item. I should also pay the amount of that packet. Although Rs. 30/- did not mean much to the shopkeeper or to me but it was about following his teachings strictly. Next time, I visited the shop I paid the price of the semolina packet.

Dear readers, in the same book it was mentioned that Swamiji said, “We’ll all address her as Shamata. Though I’ve initiated her today, I gave her my darshan many years ago. This body was 24 years old then.” I had a keen desire to follow His teachings very seriously, because He also blessed me with a spiritual experience when he was 24 years old.

I will love to gift this book through Amazon (Indian addresses only) to whoever is interested in reading these stories in detail. Just drop a mail to me at CHANDRIKASHUBHAMATGMAILDOTCOM or fill up the contact form on the side bar.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I remember reading those passages from the book. I am anxious to know now, are you Shamata?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jai Sri Hari! Nice to know that you have read those passages from the book. No, I am not Shamata. Thanks for reading my post and commenting on it! :)

      Delete
  2. "Being kind is an essential virtue on the spiritual journey." I read once on osme, and indeed we find the same virtue in you, such posts of your inspired me as well to do RAKs. Thank you for inspiring. Jai Sri Hari :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jai Sri Hari! So true! :) In this world where one can be anything, I just try to be kind! :) Glad to know that my posts inspire you! :) Thanks a lot! :)

      Delete