Sunday, October 25, 2015

Chatpat Jhatpat McCain

While returning home from my office, I picked up my cousin from his school as my aunt was out of the town to attend a conference. The distance between his school and home was hardly of 10 minutes by walk even then at least ten times he repeated ‘I am feeling hungry’. Hungry kid! As soon as we reached home, I throw my bag in the cupboard and rushed in the kitchen to cook something for him. I got up late in the morning and like other days I couldn’t find time to do some preparations for lunch. Thank God! I have McCain packets in my freezer. I took out an already opened packet of McCain Smiles as he liked them very much. I quickly prepared them according to his taste buds.

Apple McCain Smiles
Ingredients
McCain Smiles – 4
Apple – 1
Tomato – 1 small
Butter – 1 tablespoon
Tomato ketchup – 1 ½ table spoon
Curry leaves – 5– 6
Powdered white pepper – ½ teaspoon
Red chilli pepper flakes – ¼ teaspoon
Salt to taste
For Garnishing
Coriander leaves – 2-3
Method

  1. Cut the apple slices lengthwise.
  2. Apply butter on upper side. After that apply a thin layer of tomato ketchup. Sprinkle salt, chilli flakes and powdered white pepper on it. Microwave it for 3-4 minutes.
  3. Cut the tomato in semicircle and remove the seeds. Chop curry leaves finely.
  4. Take out 4 smiles from McCain packet. Quickly make the tomato cut outs as smiling lips of smiles and fill the chopped curry leaves in the two holes on smiles with a help of toothpick. Spread a thin layer of butter with a help of knife on it.
  5. Microwave them for 3- 4 minutes.
  6. With a help of broad edged knife place the apple on the plate then put the smiley in the centre of the apple.
  7. Place the coriander leaves in between the smiley and apple which will look like its’ green hat.
  8. Beautiful and delicious smiles are ready. Serve hot.

“Did you wash your hands?” I asked him seeing him in a different dress.
“I not only washed my hands but face also.” He replied.
“Food is ready. Take it.” I handed over the plate to him.

“Beautiful flowers are blooming in the balcony garden. So, I will eat in the balcony. Today, my teacher told the students to spend more time near nature than on laptop, mobile and tablets.”
I arranged his table and chair in the balcony and asked him to have McCain snacks there. I returned in the kitchen to finish other chores. A few minutes passed, he came running to me with the empty plate in his hands.
“You finished it so quickly.” I asked with a surprise in my voice. “Did the plate fall off?”
“No. As I was about to eat Apple McCain smiles, a crow came from nowhere and sneezed it from my little hands before I could put it in my big mouth. I got scared and pushed my chair backward. Another crow, must be its close friend came and took away another piece from my plate.”
“Put this plate in the sink. Wash your hands. I will give you the two remaining ones.”
A big smile appeared on his face. “You have more.”
“Yup! Will you like to eat them near the nature or .......?”
“In front of T.V!”

After finishing those he said, “I am feeling hungry.”
“Oh! My God!!” I uttered. “I am damn tired.”
“My left side of stomach is still empty as the crow took my share. You can touch my stomach and feel. It is still empty.”
 “Your favourite smiles are finished. There were only four pieces left in the packet which I have already cooked for you.”
He opened the freezer, took out a fresh packet of McCain French Fries and said innocently. “I will eat it.”
I prepared this recipe for him.

McCain French Fries in Peanut Sauce
Ingredients
Roasted Bengal gram powder – 1 table spoon
Peanut powder – 1 tablespoon
Coconut powder – ½ tablespoon
Powdered white pepper – ½ teaspoon
Mustard seed – ¼ teaspoon
Dry red chilli (crushed) – 2
Dry thyme – ¼ teaspoon
Dry rosemary- ½ teaspoon
Garlic powder – ½ teaspoon
Chopped curry leaves – 10-15
Sour buttermilk – 1 to 1 ½ cup
Butter – 1 table spoon
Olive oil – ½ table spoon
Canola oil – for frying
Salt to taste
For garnishing
Chopped basil leaves – 7-8
Sliced tomato – 1 small
Method
1. Heat canola oil in a pan and deep fry McCain French Fries in it. Take them out in a plate and keep aside.
2. Take coconut powder, peanut powder and roasted Bengal gram powder in a bowl. Mix them well. Add buttermilk slowly so that lumps are not formed. Add salt and powdered white pepper to it.
3. Heat butter in a pan. Add olive oil in it and mix them well.
4. Add mustard seeds when they start to splutter then add curry leaves and crushed red chillies.

5. Pour the already prepared mixture into the pan and stir it. Heat it to the boil.

6. Add garlic powder, thyme and rosemary in it. Reduce the heat. Gently put the fried French Fries in it and mix very lightly.
7. Take out the French fries in a plate.
8. Garnish it with basil leaves and tomato. Serve hot.



“This is more delicious. From now, McCain French Fries in Peanut Sauce will be my favourite!” He declared this with a beaming face.

No comments:

Post a Comment