Wednesday, November 23, 2022

A Leap of Faith


Like any other morning, I looked at the rising sun from my balcony, closed my eyes and visualized that at my Ajna chakra while reciting my daily prayers. “O’ Sun God, please bless everyone with the light of knowledge, with showers of love as well as dispel the darkness of ignorance.” In the round orange ball between my eyes, I saw Om Swamiji’s smiling face. It was a unique experience. My mind ignored it as it might be the effect of watching His videos all the time mostly in the free time. However, during COVID times every time is a free time. Nevertheless, the image did not fade until I finish my routine prayers.

On the same day, I visualized Him as my deity. And every other God that I worship. Although I daily meditate on the Guru in the wee hours but this spiritual experience was different! I had never read about such experience nor had I ever experience it before. Therefore, I decided to ask Google Baba. Bolo Google Baba ki jai!

I came across this video about Nath Sampradaya (T 3:30- 4:15) in which 92 years old Dr. Himmat Singh Sinha told that Guru leads you to the God therefore; in this whole universe, no God is higher than the Guru is. The greatest God is the Guru. This statement made me curious to know more about Nath Sampradaya. I opened the Wikipedia page and read a beautiful story about Maha Yogi Gorakshnath, a revered figure in Nath tradition. Once he asked all his disciples to jump from the branch of a huge tree on a trident. Because of fear of death, all his disciples backed. Only one disciple took the bold step and decided to jump. A leap of faith! As he jumped, the invisible hand of Maha Yogi hold him and blessed him with enlightenment.

“Guru is God. A word from him is a word from God. He shows you the right divine path. He makes you immortal and divine.” These quotes are from the book ‘Divine Bliss’ by Swami Sivananda. 

I am ready to jump. Are you?

To be continued...

P.S. – Yesterday, when I opened Wikipedia page, this story was right there. But today when I decided to tag it on my post, I found it missing. I thought I might have opened a wrong page. I went through the history of my internet search to open the same page. Surprisingly, it was still missing.

क्या कहेंगें आप इसे आंखों का धोखा या गुरु कृपा?

या हर समय बदलता विकिपीडिया?

Pic : Unsplash

6 comments:

  1. I am too ready to jump! Jai Shri Hari!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jai Shri Hari! Great! Thanks for reading and commenting! Keep visiting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jai Sri Hari!
    Those who have God- realized Guru are really blessed among all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jai Shri Hari! So true. Thanks for reading and commenting! :)

      Delete
  4. SwamiJi had also shared such story of asking to jump on a spear or trident once.... But it wasn't of nath sampradaya .... But message (Guru's word must be fulfilled) matters not details.. SwamiJi also said I don't suggest anyone asking/doing so... (If i remember)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jai Shri Hari! Thank you so much for sharing Swamiji''s words here. Nice to know that He will not ask us to do such a difficult task. :) Thanks again. :)

      Delete