Aha! My personal meeting with Om Swamiji got approved.
I was on cloud nine!
As soon as we got an email from Om Swamiji’s office that a personal meeting had been scheduled with Him, we all had the same reaction. Happy! HAPPY! Yeh!
But the time allocated is only 2 minutes i.e.,120 seconds. We have to pay obeisance, express gratitude, seek forgiveness, ask a question and listen carefully to His answer; all in 120 seconds. We should plan it properly to execute in the blessed time frame. For those who will be visiting Sri Badarika Ashram and having one-on-one meet with Him for the first time, I have jotted down some points for your convenience. Try to follow all if possible.
1. When you meet Him, you should wear upper garment of white color. If you are wearing any colored jacket, top or shirt then you can drape white/cream color shawl or just white color cotton dupatta around you.
2. Before you step on the white color asana spread in front of Him. Sit down in vajrasana (kneel down, gently sit back on your legs and taking your weight off your knees) on the floor close to the asana. Bend down forward till your head touches the asana and mentally express gratitude to Guru for providing the asana. Lift your head, fold your hands and then step on the asana to take your seat. Before taking a seat, you can do dandvat pranama if you wish to.
3. After you sit comfortably, fold your hands and close your eyes and do the pranama, charanspash (mentally) or chant the mantra
गुरुर्ब्रह्मा ग्रुरुर्विष्णुः गुरुर्देवो महेश्वरः। गुरुः साक्षात् परं ब्रह्म तस्मै श्री गुरवे नमः॥
GururBrahma GururVishnu GururDevo Maheshwaraha
Guru Saakshaat ParaBrahma Tasmai Sri Gurave Namaha
Please do this step as per your feelings and devotion towards Him.
4. Just in one sentence thank Him for his videos, books, his teachings, or sadhana suggested by Him whichever you are benefitted from. Do not forget to mention Sadhana App, if you feel that your spiritual progress has been improved with its usage.
5. Ask for forgiveness, it is optional.
6. Ask only one question, focus only on one point. Frame a question that is neither too short nor too lengthy. Do a thorough research on internet as well as in the books so that your question is a specific question related to your topic. Ask Him a difficult question, nah very difficult question. Constructing a tough question is not a child’s play as He had already answered millions of questions. You must ask only one question preferably related to your spiritual growth. You can even seek solution to any problem in your materialistic life but then you will be delaying your spiritual progress. Speak as less as possible so that you can listen to His words more.
7. Avoid asking too many questions if you ask more. In that case His words will be final, and you cannot modify it. But if you do not ask many questions then you have the option to modify any practice according to your comfort zone and as per your need and time.
8. Or you can even ask for one blessing for your materialistic growth or spiritual growth. Either question or blessing the choice is yours.
9. One important point, please keep your hands folded in front of Him. You can cross your fingers or just Namaste pose whichever you are convenient with. While talking, do not unfold or move your hands.
10. Towards the end, feel obliged that He blessed you with His precious time and guided you. Say, Thank you. Do charansparsh or pranama before leaving the room.
I hope you all will find these points useful and will be able to make the optimum use of 120 seconds. Best wishes. :)
If you have any query related to this post, please feel free to write in the comment section or drop a mail to me using contact form.
Love it, thank you :)ReplyDelete
Glad you like it! :) Keep visiting! :) Upcoming post will be about group meeting with Swamiji! Thanks a lot! :)ReplyDelete
When I met Him, i didn't know any of these..... Only knew about prostrations... Also ended up asking unimportant questions bcoz that time i didn't know it's a once in a lifetime chance & may be would never get a personal meeting again.ReplyDelete
I feel we should have personal meeting after 1-2 years of regular ashram visits so that we know what to say or ask Him.
Jai Shri Hari! I feel most of the newbies do not know these points. That's why I have shared them here. Once again, I would recommend doing extensive research on the question that one wish to ask. Do not worry you will soon get the time for personal meeting with Him again. Keep doing sadhana and keep working hard. Thanks a lot for reading n sharing you experiences here. Take careReplyDelete
Jai Sri Hari! I'm very grateful to knew these important points, I'll surely refer this article next time I got the chance to meet swami ji.ReplyDelete
Jai Sri Hari! It is nice to know that you find these points useful. Thank you! :)Delete