Friday, April 14, 2023

Kindness in Giving Creates Love.

 

I felt a pang of sympathy!
Scorching sun, clouds of dust, puffs of black smoke emitted from the train of vehicles and the rejection by various car passengers had made her look very feeble even in the morning hours. I was surprised to notice that there was no early morning brightness on her face. I noticed this frail woman going from one car to another selling car window shades on a toll tax plaza.
Her sickly appearance and poor quality product didn't seem to be attracting any customers, and I felt a twinge of empathy for her plight.

How can I help her?
Without a second delay, I searched into my bag and took out some of the fresh fruits that I had brought along. I pulled down the window pane of my car and signalled her to come near. As I handed the small packet to her, I could see the appreciation in her eyes. Her face lit up with happiness like an electric bulb. She expressed her heartfelt gratitude which was palpable. In that moment, I knew that my small act of kindness had made a significant difference in her day.

Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love. - Lao Tzu

Pic - Unsplash

1 comment:

  1. Jai Sri Hari. This post beautifully captures the essence of kindness and its transformative power. As Mother Teresa once said, "It's not how much we give, but how much love we put into giving." Kindness is an expression of love, and it creates a ripple effect that spreads far beyond the act itself.(just like this post) It's inspiring to read about the lives of saints who embodied this principle, like Saint Francis of Assisi, who lived a life of selfless service to others. May we all strive to cultivate kindness in our own lives, and in doing so, create a world full of love and compassion. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete