Monday, April 10, 2023

Chanting of Dashakshai Mantra in Lord Shiva Temple in Sadhana App


Today was a boring Monday morning! 

As usual I did the same monotonous routine prayers. To make my life interesting, I decided to try something new, something alluring, something unusual and something engrossing. Monday is considered auspicious to worship Lord Shiva so I tapped the Kalasha option in the Sadhana App. In the Japa section, there were three mantras: Panchakshari Mantra, Dashakshari Mantra (Ten- lettered Mantra) and Mahamrityunjaya Mantra. I have done the japa of Panchakshari Mantra (Five- lettered Mantra - Om Namah Shivaya) and mahamrityunjaya mantra with or without the Sadhana App many times. I wanted to do something different!


I started the five minutes japa of Dashakshari Mantra – 'Om Namo Bhagavate Rudraya'. It is the ten-lettered powerful mantra of Lord Shiva. It is a widely revered chant in Hinduism because mere chanting of this mantra with devotion can elevate the consciousness of a devotee to new heights. While focusing on the mantra, I silently prayed, 'As You have practiced austerity, please give me strength so that I can also practice austerity with the same intensity.' Soon, I felt a wave of blissful sensations on my heart chakra. My heart was filled with gratitude and reverence for the deity. I was astonished with Lord Shiva's generous blessings as He is very easily pleased even with small acts of devotion. Afterall, He is Bholenath (A Simple One)! :)

1 comment:

  1. Jai Sri Hari! Thank you for sharing your beautiful experience with the powerful Dashakshari Mantra. As the scripture says, "Devotion elevates the consciousness of the devotee." Keep chanting and keep us blessed with your experiences :)

    ReplyDelete