Friday, January 6, 2023

Decline of Hinduism in India -1


The foreigners’ gang laughed but my heart cried!

One of the jolly person in the group commented that Swami Sivananda said, “An ounce of practice is worth a ton of theory!” after writing more than 300 books. They all giggled on his intelligent joke. The person who cracked this joke was a great hath yogi who could practice toughest of yoga asanas holding them for quite a long time, he could do difficult mudras and bandhas with great ease, he was voracious reader, he was very kind, intelligent as well as truthful, he was good looking and above all he was happy-go-lucky person. My intuitive mind told me that despite of all his yogic qualities, he would never be able to grow spiritually by following the path of Hinduism because he mocked at the greatest saint. It was our last day at Sivananda Ashram. Later I came to know that he shifted to Buddhism.

Swami Sivananda said in Guru Bhakti Yoga, “Don’t cut jokes with Guru. If you cut jokes with him (gradually) you will lose reverence for him and you will feel equality with him.” In Siphon, a U-shaped tube is used to cause a liquid to flow upward above the surface level of reservoir to the lower level of the surface then the reservoir from which it came only by the gravitation pull. The liquid flows from higher level to lower level. If the level is equal then it does not flow. Same is with Guru Disciple relationship wisdom, knowledge, spiritual powers and Grace of Guru flow continuously if the level between the two is not equal. We always touch Guru’s Feet never shake hands with Him, right!

I am fun loving person who has the habit of cracking jokes all the time, therefore, to keep the Guru Disciple bond intact I have never commented on any of Om Swamiji’s post although I have written 164 posts on osdotme till now. Even in personal meeting, I constrained myself to speak as less as possible and to convey my meaning in the least possible words. I firmly followed Swami Sivananda’s words, “A sadhaka should not cut jokes before his Guru however great he (sadhaka) may be.” I try my best to never make fun of any saint, never crack jokes on my Guru’s post and under no circumstances pass any humorous comment in His presence.

To be continued....

Part 2 is here.

Pic : Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment