Tuesday, January 3, 2023

From Raw Mango Speech to Ripe Mango Speech



“Ma, you forget to put the leftover food in the freezer.” I said in a bit louder voice to my mother. “I cooked the food to eat and not to waste.”

“It was hot, so I did not place it in the freezer, later I forgot and as I was damn tired, so I slipped into the dream land.” She clarified.

I went into my prayer room to do the next set of chanting. When I came out of the room after one hour or so I went to my mother’s room and said to her, “In the dinner, have the soup. Last time you did not even taste it and the whole bowl of soup I had to finish as I did not want to waste the food.”

“Do you do prayers in the prayer room, or you keep thinking that when you come out you will talk rudely to me about this or that topic?” My mother inquired.

“Do not make excuses like a kid. Have the soup.” I said or rather ordered and went again in my prayer room to do meditation.

I could not focus on Devi and realized my mistake that although I did not mean to hurt her, but my loud voice and rude words did it. At my workplace, most of the people spoke Haryanvi, which is a lath mar language. To show my authority, I spoke to them in a high volume. Unconsciously, it has become my habit to speak loudly. My raw mango speech that was like a sour mango immediately needs to be replaced by a sweet tone as ripe juicy mango. I must apologize to Ma to maintain a good focus on MA.

I hurriedly completed my prayers and went to my mother’s room and said to her, “Sorry, I should not have spoken to you harshly rather I must have spoken to you just like Swamiji speak - softly, gently and mindfully.” I took a deep breath and continued, “Ma, please have the soup which I prepared for you with so much love and care.”

“It will be a miracle if you learn to speak soothingly like Him.” She said with a big smile on her face.

Sometime later, I peeped into her room. Surprisingly found that she was having the soup instead of regular glass of milk.

Pic - Pixabay

No comments:

Post a Comment