Thursday, April 13, 2023

Immersing Myself in Bhakti of Lord Krishna in Sadhana App


Yesterday morning, I felt tired of chanting long, difficult and boring Sanskrit mantras after doing my routine prayers. To relax for some time, I tapped the Sadhana App icon on my iPhone. I went into Gokula, the temple dedicated to Lord Krishna. When I clicked the 'Abhishekam' option, it showed the three options: Krishna Ashtakama (4 min), Devotional Chant (7 min), and Sahasranama (30 min). As I was in the mood to do something light, I chose the 'Devotional Chant', which was only 7 minutes long. I settled down on my mat, and with utmost devotion I started playing the bhajan. As I performed the Abhishekam of Lord Krishna, the divine chant 'Jaya Radha Madhava' was sung by Manish Vyas which was played in the background  Diving deep in ecstasy of devotional love with his silvery voice, I offered various ingredients like gangajal, water, milk, yogurt, fragrant oil, gold, red cloth, red garland, incense, dhoop, betel nuts, paan, small pot, ghee lamp, gemstones, flowers, dry fruits, handheld lamp, and handheld bell to my beloved deity. With each ingredient, I offered my pure love and selfless devotion, feeling that my connection with my Lord was growing stronger.

As I chanted, my every cell moved with the rhythm of his gentle voice. His sacred voice is like a river of bliss - serene and calm! I just wanted to flow with the current of tranquility. What an incredible voice Manish Vyas has!
 
"(jaya) rādhā-mādhava (jaya) kuñja-bihārī *3
(jaya) gopī-jana-vallabha (jaya) giri-vara-dhārī * 3
(jaya) rādhā-mādhava (jaya) kuñja-bihārī *3
yaśodā-nandana, braja-jana-rañjana, *2
yamuna-tīra-vana-cārī *2
(jaya) rādhā-mādhava (jaya) kuñja-bihārī *2
muralī manoharā karuna sāger *4
(jaya) goverdhān dhari *2
(jaya) rādhā-mādhava (jaya) kuñja-bihārī *6" in my mind.

A sense of joy and peace filled me, as I continued to do Abhishekam with total surrender to Murlimanohar. I closed my eyes, I felt a shift in my consciousness, I was no more here, rather I was transported to the serene and calm environment of Vrindavana, where Lord Krishna spent his childhood. The whole atmosphere was filled with love, devotion, and a sense of peace that I had never experienced before. For a few moments, I was away from the hustle and bustle of the modern city that I live in. 
I realized that the devotional practice had elevated my Krishna consciousness. I felt a sense of gratitude and fulfillment. I bowed down to Lord Krishna, feeling His divine presence everywhere - inside and outside me, and said loudly, "Jaya Radha Madhav!" I opened my closed eyes somewhat forcefully to glance at 'Chitchor'. His benevolent smile stole my heart, mind and soul. And what an easy chant to connect with the Divine


P.S. - If any patient suffering from chronic disease or who had recently met an fatal accident continuously hears this spiritual chant then his chances of recovering multiplies. 

1 comment:

  1. Jai Sri Hari! Thank you for sharing your beautiful experience of immersing yourself in the bhakti of Lord Krishna. As mentioned in the Bhagavad Gita, "Those who worship me with devotion, meditating on my transcendental form, to them I carry what they lack and preserve what they have." Your devotion, chandrika ji, towards Lord Krishna is truly inspiring and reminds us of the importance of surrendering to the divine. May your journey towards self-realization be blessed with love and grace from the Lord. Hare Krishana!

    ReplyDelete